About Dr van der Spuy
Dr van der Spuy completed his pre-and-post graduate training at the University of Stellenbosch. He completed a fellowship in Hand & Peripheral nerve surgery at the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney, Australia, under the renowned congenital hand surgeon, Professor Michael Tonkin. He completed further training in microsurgical surgical techniques and upper limb soft tissue reconstruction.
His special interests are nerve surgery, soft tissue reconstruction, brachial plexus surgery and congenital hand deformities. He is sessionally connected to the Tygerberg Orthopaedic Department.
- Fellowship in Sydney, Australia at the Royal North Shore Hospital in the Department of Hand Surgery & Peripheral Nerve Surgery under Professor Tonkin.
- Advance training course in plastic surgical soft tissue reconstruction and flaps of the upper limb Sydney 2012.
- Advance training course in small joint arthroplasty and upper limb osteosynthesis Sydney 2012.
- MMEd Orthopaedic Surgery University of Stellenbosch Cum Laude June 2011.
- Fc(Orth) SA May 2011
- MBChB University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town 2003.
- University of Stellenbosch Advanced Microsurgical course 2011.
- Specialist registration: HPCSA Independent practice specialist in orthopaedic surgery 2011